ICC T20 World Cup 2016: Top Apps to get live cricket scores, live streaming, news on Android,IOS and Windows phones
With the T20 World Cup in full flow and the IPL to follow, the next three months are going to be a delight for the cricket lovers in the country. And while the cricket fever is soaring high, it’s often difficult to balance your work with all the action on the field. If you’re stuck in office during the all-important match, thrashing the refresh button every few seconds, we might have a better solution for you. Thanks to a wide variety of apps, following your favourite team and players have never been easier. So let the game begin…
No matter which device you use, the ESPN Cricinfo app has got you covered. It provides you with all the updates on the game including stats, latest scores, fixtures, news, rankings, and even live commentary. It can easily be your cricket companion when you are on the move as it brings together all you need to know about the game in one place.
No commentary can ever match up to the excitement of watching live action, and if you’re one of those people who prefer watching over reading, the Hotstar app is for you. The app is available across Android and iOS platforms and brings exclusive video coverage of the T20 World Cup matches including live streaming and interesting video insights. The Hotstarwebsite is equally good in offering live streaming facility to its visitors.
ICC’s latest update to its official cricket app brings the T20 World Cup closer to the end user than it was ever before. Rich in colour and graphics, the app offers information on fixtures, standings, results, live scores, short videos, as well as all the news on your favourite team. Users can also share their views by taking part in the polls that’ll feature throughout the World Cup. All in all, ICC’s app is a complete package.
The official Star Sportsapp also offers live scores, updates and streaming to its users. Plus, it takes things one step ahead by offering the option of live audio commentary for select matches. As a welcome addition, you also get the option to follow all the important news in the cricketing world.
Though not as popular as the apps above,Cricbuzz has almost all the features that Cricinfohas. It also showcases player profiles giving you statistics from their careers including the runs scored, wickets taken etc.
The Yahoo! Cricket app brings Yahoo’s web offerings to mobile. It comes with a slew of features and a user-friendly interface to give you an wholesome experience. Apart from live scores and real time updates, the app features an interactive scorecard along with photo galleries. The latest news articles make sure you are one step ahead in the game, while fixtures allow you to plan your day ahead.
The popular UC browser has joined hands with Twitter and Microsoft Bing to provide a mobile gateway for everything cricket ahead of the season through the debut of a revamped UC Cricket. It now provides live scores, news, live tweets, photos, stats, previews and commentary making it an ideal platform for cricket fans to enjoy the sport.
Other than these apps, you can also have a peek at the scores fromGoogle Now or the Hikemessenger app, if you’re a user of the same. The official Twitter app can also be used to follow all things cricket.
Thanks to these wonderful apps, your favourite sport is now just a tap away.
After rolling out 4G trials in many cities, Airtel has just commercially launched its 4G services in 296 towns across India. This makes it the first company to make the fast new 4G services available to the public.
Airtel is giving away free 4G SIM cards to all compatible users, and promises to provide SIM cards within four hours at the users’ doorstep. To request for a free 4G SIM card, head over here http://www.airtel.in/4g/ get your free 4G SIM. Delivered at your door step for free here
The company is offering its 4G services at very low rates starting at Rs 25. Additionally, Airtel is offering six months of unlimited music streaming and downloads on ‘Wynk Music’ and five free movies per month for six months on the Eros Now channel of ‘Wynk Movies’.
It has also introduced the new Infinity Plan that starts at Rs 999. This plan offers unlimited voice calls on mobile, along with data benefits. It has also entered into alliance with Samsung and Flipkart to promote its new 4G service.
Airtel has launched a dedicated website, where users can check if their number is eligible for a 4G upgrade, and whether they can request for a free 4G SIM card or not. The company has also introduced 4G dongles, and home Wi-Fi modems starting at Rs 1,400 and Rs 1,500 respectively.
The company has just released an ad which boasts of really fast speed with Airtel 4G, while also claiming that a full movie can be downloaded in just three minutes.
Watch the ad below:
Google Search lists Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the ‘Most Stupid Prime Minister in the world’
Google does it again! After listing Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the ‘Top 10 criminals of the world’ list, Google now lists him in yet another embarrassing list. A quick Google search for the most stupid prime ministers in the world!
The list also includes Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Thailand’s Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, and British Prime Minister David Cameron among others. It is not exactly Google’s fault as the search algorithm is based entirely on SEO related to the search query, however, last time Google had issued an apology and fixed the situation.
We won’t be surprised if Google quickly fixes the faux pas but it is fascinating the things people search for on Google.
Xiaomi begins 1st Birthday anniversary Celebration in India with the launch of Mi 4i 32GB variant, Mi Store App and other offers
It has been an year since,Xiaomi’s entery into Indian smartphone market and as a part of their first anniversary, the company has launched a 32GB variant of the Mi 4i as well as the company’s e-commerce online shopping app in the country. The Xiaomi Mi 4i 32GB is priced at Rs. 14,999, which makes it compete with the company’s own smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 4(16GB). You can register today for participating in the flash sale that will be conducted at 2PM on July 28.
Apart from the storage capacity, there’s no change between 16GB and 32GB variants of the Mi 4i. It features a 5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass, Android 5.0 Lollipop-based MIUI 6, a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, 13-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone LED flash and 1080p video recording, a 5-megapixel primary camera, dual-SIM with 4G LTE connectivity, and a non-removable 3,120 mAh battery.
Xiaomi has also launched theirMi Store app, which can be used to browse and check the company’s product offerings, and buy them directly from the app. A user can also check and track the progress of the delivery after ordering any product from the app. As a part of its first year anniversary in India, the company is also offering daily surprises for one week (July 22 – July 28) some discounts that are listed below.
Rs. 500 Mi Coupon on purchase of Mi 4i 16GBFree case with purchase of every Redmi 2 or Mi 4
The company is also launching two new headphones tomorrow – Mi Headphones and Mi In-Ear Headphones – that are priced at Rs. 5,499 and Rs. 999 on the company’s own website. Apart from these offers, the company will list more discounts/offers every day till July 28.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the Digital India program, which essentially comprises of various initiatives aimed at digital empowerment, improving digital infrastructure and offering on-demand governance and services. From building broadband highways, easing mobile connectivity and mainly promoting e-governance, the Digital India mission’s main aim is to bridge the connectivity gap between the rural and urban areas.
Here are the top 10 services launched by the government
1. DIGILocker – This initiative looks to minimize the usage of physical documents. It is a dedicated personal storage space for e-documents as well as Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) of e-documents issued by government departments. Individual locker will be linked to the resident’s Aadhaar number, and enable sharing of e-documents across agencies whenever required. The sharing of these e-documents will be done through registered repositories thereby ensuring the authenticity of the documents online, and also minimize the loss and damage of important documents like birth certificate etc.
2. Bharat Net – This initiative will work towards building high-speed digital highways to connect all 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats of country by next year. This would be the world’s largest rural broadband connectivity project using optical fiber.
3. MyGov app – The PM also launched the mobile version of the MyGov.in website. This platform encourages citizen engagement in governance, and the app will do the same on mobile.
4. eSign – An initiative to eradicate forgery and fraudulent signature, the eSign framework would allow citizens to digitally sign a document online using Aadhaar authentication.
5. National Scholarships Portal – This new service is said to be a one-stop-solution for end-to-end scholarship process right from submission of student application, verification, sanction and disbursal to end beneficiary for all the scholarships provided by the Government of India.
6. Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) app – To further the Swachh Bharat mission, the government has launched this app and would be used by people and Government organizations.
7. E-education – The program looks to provide high-tech education using technology like smartphones, apps and Internet services. It can also be used to provide education in far-flung areas where it may not be possible for teachers to be present in person. The education can be imparted through virtual means as part of the program.
8. E-health – This initiative aims at providing timely, effective and economical healthcare services to all, especially to the ones that have little access to healthcare services. This service too will be linked to Aadhaar numbers, and will make getting lab reports and OPD appointments easier. The Online Registration System (ORS) under the eHospital application has also been introduced.
This application provides important services such as online registration, payment of fees and appointment, online diagnostic reports, inquiring availability of blood online etc, the government claims. With this initiative, one can skip the hassles of registration and other formalities at hospitals by merely identifying self through the Aadhaar Number, select hospital and department, select date of appointment and get the same through SMS.
9. Next Generation Network (NGN) – This is a BSNL initiative which looks to replace 30 year old exchanges, with this new IP-based technology to manage all types of services like voice, data, multimedia/ video and other types of communication services.
10. Wi-Fi hotspots – BSNL has undertaken large scale deployment of Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the country for Internet access on smatphones while on-the-go. The initiative has already kicked off with the government offering free Wi-Fi at tourist places like Taj Mahal, and spots at Shimla too.
The government even launched the official website for the Digital India program, and you can take a look at it here.