Tata Docomo To Offer Personalized Message via Facebook App on Smartphone
Posted by prashant kumar
Tata Docomo the 6th largest operator by subscriber base is looking into the feasibility of offering personalised messages on the subscriber’s smartphone via the facebook app.
These messages will be mainly value added services (VAS) offerings personalised to the likes and preferences of the subscriber, for example a Lata Mangeshkar fan may only be shown caller tunes of Lata Mangeshkar’s songs. This way Tata DoCoMo intends to have a more tailor-fit marketing strategy for its services. The messages may also be of general nature reminding the subscriber of the validity of data or voice packs active in his account. The messages will appear on the right side of the home screen of the FB app.
Praveen Gupta, Head-Digital Business, Tata Teleservices Ltd said at a media conference “We have carried out a pilot wherein based on a customer’s browsing history we can send him personalised or customised services that will mostly be our value-added services.” He, however, did not reveal a time frame for its introduction. As reported by Business line. Mr. Gupta spoke about Docomo’s ‘Millenials decoded’ survey which researched about internet consumption trends in India. He said 40 per cent of the people take to the Internet as the first source of news and 45 per cent for entertainment news.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)