Windows App Store Now Support idea Carrier Billing

image

Microsoft has announced that it is bringing the carrier billing option for its Windows Store to more countries including India. With carrier billing option people can charge their apps, media, or any other content purchases directly to their phone bill. The company has partnered with Idea Cellular to allow Idea subscribers to buy Windows Phone apps through this payment option.

The company started showing its intention to bring carrier billing option in India earlier this year. Also known as operator billing, the mode of payment is expected to be a massive success in India, considering the current mode of payment — debit and credit card — don’t have that much traction in the country.

With the launch of operator billing, Windows Phone has also become the first smartphone platform to facilitate this feature in the country. While the company is yet to confirm the figures, earlier its executive had mentioned to offer 70 percent of revenue to app developers and take the rest 30 percent cut. In addition to India, the company has also rolled out carrier billing option in Brazil and China.

image

Advertisements

About prashant kumar

I m a tech savy person and i want discover more and more about mobiles and gadgets This is my passion.

Posted on December 22, 2014, in Appilication, Mobile and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: